The organization for the IPM is immense! Many people have been working for many months, to pull everything together. The count down has begun and it is necessary that you attend an Orientation session on Saturday, September 8th from 9:00 AM until approximately 12:30 PM. Coffee, juice and muffins will be available from 8:00 am.
The Orientation will be held in the Lounge Tent on the IPM2012 site in Roseville. Please follow the signage on Fisher-Hallman to the parking lot, which is a short walk from the Lounge Tent.
At the orientation, you will be introduced to the Executive Committee who will be going over important information about the IPM, safety and working with the public.
It is important that ALL volunteers – directors, committee chairs and members attend this orientation session.
After the group presentation, the volunteers will then go with their committee chairs for more specific orientation – probably in the area where you will be working during the IPM. From your chair, you will receive your IPM2012 Identification, passes and information package.
We are looking forward to meeting you all and hope that you have a safe and relaxing summer. Thank you for your commitment to the IPM2012 team!
RSVP by reply email. Thank you.
Stephanie Freitas, Jim Parrott, Gerry Watts
Volunteer Coordinators IPM2012
(Only 1 mass orientation session, no rain date)
Saturday Sept. 8th – 9:00 a.m.
Site opens at 8:00 – Coffee, juice & Muffins available at
For Parking – follow signage on Fisher-Hallman just north of Roseville by the church
- IPM Chair – David Pyper – Welcome
- Ontario Plowmen’s Association Executive Director – Cathy Lasby – Welcome
- Ontario Plowmen’s Association President – Ray Dedman – Welcome
- Emergency Services – Fire Chief Robert Shantz – Fire extinguisher training & Safety Manual overview, Emergency Services and First Aid locations
- Various Chairs – parking, entry passes, volunteer vests, etc.
- Customer Service – David Pyper
- Move into groups for job specific training by individual Committee Chairs – possibly at the committee’s location onsite.
- Return to Lounge Tent – all Chairs, Executive and preselected volunteers -
- Chair of Internal Communications – Brent Mackie – training with the portable radios
Possible meeting for all Chairs and Directors – after the radio training in the Lounge Tent
Tips for Volunteers
- Volunteers will receive a name tag and vest – ensure you are wearing both while you are volunteering
- Volunteers need to ensure they sign in and out every shift they are working – at Volunteer Tent and with your committee Chair.
- Give yourself extra time for parking and getting to our volunteer location
- Ensure you dress for the weather (i.e.. Rain) and wear closed toe/hard sole shoes/boots
- Use a fanny pack instead of a purse
- Please expect that your walk will be on rough ground and maybe somewhat damp.
Expected Attendance – 1,000 – 1,200 volunteers