Teacher’s Guide IPM 2012
Attention Parents and Teachers! Download this activity book for your children and students to use as an activity book to learn more about the Reminiscence Journey… Click here!
Buses will be directed to the Education Parking Area for unloading.
The Lead Teacher from your school should proceed to the Registration Tent located near the Education Gate. All other members of the school group should remain on the bus at this time.
At the Registration Tent, the Lead Teacher of each school will submit 2 copies of the Attendance Summary Form (found on web). This will confirm the numbers which could vary from your registration form that you sent in the Spring.
For schools requiring an invoice with payment to follow, one will be issued and the cheque for that amount is to be mailed within 5 days. Schools with the cheque will receive a receipt.
After parking, and while the Lead teacher is completing the registration process, an Education Greeter will board the bus
Everyone will then exit the bus and go to the corral area to meet their teacher who will take them through the Gate and into “The Roseville Corral” area.
Schools arriving by private vehicle should gather with the Lead teacher who, with an Education Greeter, will confirm participants and hands will be stamped before admission through the Gate is allowed.
Once through the gates, you will pass through the Departure Area and see the bus numbers displayed on the fencing. Groups are free to circulate throughout the entireTentedCitywith their chaperones.
In the afternoon, when students begin returning, they will be reminded to line up in front of their bus number in the Departure Area. Bus numbers will be clearly displayed on the fence as well as listed at the beginning of each aisle.
Once the Lead Teacher confirms that the group is ready to board, an Education Volunteer will lead the group to the Gate. Once through the Gate, an Educational Greeter will assist you in returning to your bus.
When loading has been completed and the bus is ready to leave, the Bus Guide personnel will give the okay to the driver once the route is clear.
Our overall focus in these procedures is student safety. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience at the IPM.
Field Trip Guidelines
Welcome to IPM 2012. We’re excited to have you join us. If at any time during your visit you require assistance, please look for an IPM Volunteer.
Before the Match, have you:
* Reviewed the IPM Teacher’s Guide?
* Prepared your class appropriately for expected weather?
* Provided the school name tag and place to record the bus number we will assign upon arrival.
* Given an Education Parking pass to people driving their own vehicle and advised them to arrive with the bus.
**These passes must be used to gain admission to the School Bus Parking area.
On the Day of the Match, have you:
* Filled out 2 Attendance Summary Form to bring with you? (found on Registration Link) – one will be your invoice to take back and one will be for Registration to keep
* Brought the cheque for payment with you, if your Board allows that method of payment rather than invoiced?
* Told your students and chaperones to take all their belongings with them because they cannot return to the bus?
* Put school name tag on each child (up to and including Gr. 8)
* Given everyone a time to meet back at “The Roseville Corral”? They will be called to the Departure Area when the teacher lets the volunteer using the megaphone know it is time to line up at their bus number
Please contact Jeanne Turner, co-chair and web Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org 519 744-9668